MAMMOTH Insulation System
Soffit Sound & Thermal Insulation
CGS Insulation is the Australian supplier of Mammoth Car Park Panel Insulation System designed especially for under soffit areas. The Mammoth Soffit Panel excels in both thermal and acoustic applications.
Mammoth insulation panels are made from 100% lofted thermally bonded polyester fibres. The panels are designed to improve thermal and acoustic performance of soffit areas for residential and commercial buildings (carparks, lecture theatres, open-plan share spaces), enhancing the well-being and comfort for occupants.
Mammoth insulation panels contour around the uneven textures common in concrete form work. In addition to improved aesthetics, this helps the insulation achieve a seamless fit that supports higher thermal performance across the system by preventing air movement between the insulation panel and the substrate.
Mammoth Soffit Panels are the only soffit insulation panel on the Australian market certified to ISO 9705 with a full burn-room test (ceiling and walls). Mammoth insulation panels comply with provisions of the Building Code of Australia (BCA): AS/NZS 4859.1 for thermal performance and AS ISO 9705 for the material Group Number.
Mammoth insulation panels are made using a unique airlayed manufacturing process whereby the fibres are completely randomised rather than layered. This provides for differing structural properties and greater flexibility which helps achieve high thermal performance when the product is affixed to concrete.
For more information, download the MAMMOTH Car Park Panel Datasheet.
Features and Benefits
- MammothTM products seamless installation supports higher thermal performance across the system – providing higher construction R-values.
- MammothTM products are Red List Free – International Living Future Institute.
- MammothTM takes the fibres from recycled plastic bottles (PET), that would otherwise be waste, and manufacture polyester insulation.
No precautions are required for handling MammothTM Carpark Panels. It will not cause irritation and when touched and gives off no odours.
- MammothTM products are chemical free, with no formaldehyde or insecticides.
- MammothTM products are safe and easy to work with – manufactured in sections for ease of install.
- MammothTM insulation panels assists in absorbing noise to create a quieter environment. Mammoth insulation panels can be used in commercial and residential construction.
Minimising Environmental Impact
- MammothTM polyester products are Red List Free – International Living Future Institute.
- MammothTM products contain recycled polyester fibres. The recycled fibre used by MammothTM comes from recycled plastic bottles.
- Recycling plastic protects the environment by keeping the carbon content locked up in the polyester fibre and reducing landfill waste.
- MammothTM products are made in a near zero waste production process and are fully recyclable.
Historically, PIR insulation has been favoured over Polyester insulation for under soffit applications due to the ease with which it can be drilled to install services as Polyester insulation tends to snag on drill bits making access to the concrete face difficult – delaying subcontractors and costing developers money.
Composite Global Solutions has developed a novel method that bypasses these previous difficulties allowing easy access to the covered concrete face for installation of services – leaving a seamless surface once installed. For more information download the MAMMOTH Installation guide here.
To discuss how MAMMOTH Car Park Panel Insulation can save time and money on your upcoming project, request a free quote below.
Explore Recent Projects
We play a part in creating some of the most innovative, cost-effective and energy-efficient buildings in Australia. Check out some of Australia’s most recent projects to feature our insulation solutions.
Get A Quote Today
Fill out the form below and let us know some brief details about your project and we’ll get back to you next business day!